The Signs and their Rooms
- Aries: Messy, messy, messy. 'The chair' (you know which chair I'm talking about) has probably disappeared among all their clothes. Theory is that it probably fused to the ground.
- Taurus: They have an ingrained connection with every single one of their posessions. They know you moved that sock 0.2 meters to the left don't deny it.
- Gemini: Where's the floor? No one knows anymore. When they magically decide to clean up, it's like christmas morning when they find something they don't even remember having. Then, they get distracted by said thing and forget about cleaning up.
- Cancer: Their room is their sanctuary. Probably going through an ant invasion because of all the food they eat there. Most likely to have a secret food stash.
- Leo: Usually organized, though they can be lazy. They probably don't move enough to have a mess.
- Virgo: Same as Taurus. Like the Eye of Sauron, they know everything that goes down there.They go into phases in which everything is probably color coded. They get lazy and give up a few weeks later when no one notices.
- Libra: Probably unlivable until they decide Today is the Day and organize everything. They get bored halfway through and go back to feeling sorry for themselves because their rooms aren't pretty.
- Scorpio: The walls are full with their interests. The mess control is manageable. Once you go in, it might be too dark to find your way out.
- Sagittarius: Doesn't care at all about mess. Until they see someone else's clean room and their competitive gene appears. Soon it dies down and they go back to not caring.
- Capricorn: Puts everyone else's to shame. Mostly, because like Leo, they are not naturally messy. Can be OCD about their space.
- Aquarius: Their interests are also everywhere. They sleep next to their laptop. Their desk is no man's land.
- Pisces: Clutter is their natural habitat. They probably don't remember the last time they turned on the lights. The windows have never been opened. An excavation team is needed to find the floor. Until people come over, then it's DEFCON 4 and everything is either organized or hidden.
Bottle used to ward off evil spells during 18th century witch hunts found by archaeologists
reblogged from archaeologicalnews
A 15-centimetre tall green glass vessel could date from the witch hunts of the 18th century when bottles were filled with fingernails, hair and urine possessing spell-stopping capabilities, according to archaeologists digging at a Grade II-listed Georgian building in Newark.
Evil spells were warded off with witch bottles during the Civil War, although Matthew Hopkins – the self-proclaimed Witchfinder General of eastern England – took superstition to an extreme by executing hundreds of people during a three-year period from 1644. Laws against the crime of witchcraft were only repealed in 1736.
“Finding this very fragile bottle in one piece supports the idea that it was carefully placed in the ground,” says Will Munford, of Pre-construct Archaeological Services. Read more.
Anonymous said: have doughnuts and fancy coffee in bed with :>
doughnuts and fancy coffee and black an white movies i mean hell fucking yes right???!
[I want to _____ you.]
Anonymous said: I want to cuddle with you
I got a lot more of these than I thought I would.
i’m like strangely abhorrent to cuddling though like unless it’s my s/o so we can have coffee with the other anon instead. (◡‿◡✿)
[I want to _____ you.]
Anonymous said: I want to meet you
take a trip down to the bayou (◕‿-)
[I want to _____ you.]
Anonymous said: have coffee w/ u
coffee. coffee is good!
Anonymous said: (Trickster anon) Thanks. I did mean teasing each other. I just.. I don't see a lot of Pagan things (especially WRT politics) and I'm very easily paranoid and scared, since a few of my good friends have been targeted for no real reason, so when I see politics stuff in the community I get really scared I'm one of them. But yeah I try to stick to canon and things that seem to work in terms of offerings, tone, etc. Basically I'm terrified of everything.
As long as you’re trying you’re best there’s no reason to be scared! It’s all about learning, and if someone makes you feel uncomfortable because of their response to something you say, block them :-) Honestly, aside from my issues with all the things I’ve mentioned, it’s not me, it’s y’all that matter. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I’m just some random person on the internet. It’s you that’s gotta live with you. I tend to try to not be angry or aggressive on here, and the only reason I was in that bit was because PU anon was framing things really badly and acting like hellenic polytheists just HATE ALL ECLECTIC pagans because they have lacking reading comprehension skills or something.
I want to _____ you.
reblog and see what your followers say
I’VE LITERALLY HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO YOU PEOPLE
I was just reblogging for the above post I didn’t think I’d get any
I won’t get any but I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing
I dunno if reblogging this was a good idea but fuck it.
Eh, worth a shot, dunno if I’ll get anything.
I’m certain i wont get anything buuuutreblogged from veevigil
Sources of Pagan Tumblr Drama
reblogged from veevigil
1. Godspouses are ew.
2. Lokeans are ew, and as a non-Lokean I’m going to tell you why you shouldn’t honour Loki, you poor misinformed peasant
3. Pop culture Pagans are ew and LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO MY SLIGHTLY OLDER POP CULTURE!
4. Whatever Pagans Uncensored is going on about
5. Teenage girls are gross and ew and RUINING PAGANISM FOREVER!
There’s at least one of these on tap every week or so. .
Anonymous said: I feel almost silly asking this. One of my gods (and sometimes another but mostly the one) and I have a relationship where we give each other shit back and forth. He's a trickster, it's expected. And he hasn't seemed to say anything about me doing this that indicates he is displeased (often I make him laugh). That isn't disrespect, correct? (I have a really hard time understanding lines here bc I have very few I feel safe talking to due to paranoia. I'm sorry if this annoyed you.)
To be clear what I mean by disrespect has nothing to do with the tone of your relationship with your god(s) [it was also specifically referring to hellenic polytheism] but specifically disrespect for the complexity of gods, disregard for traditional and canonically accepted modes of worship. I was specifically speaking to people who, basically, just grab the name, and play Mr Potato head with aspects and traits to associate with these Gods when it’s like.. why don’t you just call yourself what you are, a pop culture pagan, and spell the name a little differently. Don’t associate your total bastardisation of my Gods with my Gods because you are so far from it that it makes me angry.*
As for whether or not “giving each other shit” (I’m sorry but I was slightly confused here, I’m going to assume you mean like teasing one another? and not an exchange of services for worship back and forth.) I can’t really tell you much if you’re that vague. “A trickster god” is really honestly very vague, and not all trickster gods are the same, so you’d have to give me a specific denomination if you want me to do that research for you. Like I’ve said, though, having an informal relationship with your deity is not was I was speaking out against and sometimes I have been with mine (it’s just important to remember when to be respectful). I personally don’t hold issue with an informal relationship but if the pantheon your god is from explicitly prohibits informal communication then that’s what I’m complaining about. Otherwise, I don’t really think there’s anything wrong with what you’re doing.
(or at least make the effort to phrase what you’re talking about as though it’s UPG please don’t make graphics that purport your bullshit to be true and circulate them around the tags so more people follow your total misunderstanding and disrespect*)
Anonymous said: Am I the only one who thinks Pop Culture Paganism is fucking ridiculous? And while PCPs have the right to do what they do, it is not and should be considered Pagan, even if their practices resemble ours or are drawn from ours.
you’re probably the only one still whining about itreblogged from pagansuncensored
Anonymous said: i like how the number one view of eclectic pagans is that we're disrespectful. like we haven't talked with our gods before we practice and set ground rules. sorry i'm not enough of a hellenic polytheist for you, but my gods have no complaints. i highly doubt any eclectic is suddenly going to start doing things they don't feel is right just because other "proper" practitioners said so.
"not all eclectic pagans" omg then we weren’t fucking talking to you are you kidding this is such a shit baby response i’m sorry
literally if you are not disrespectful, then we were not talking to you. but you know the thing is? most *eclectic pagans* in the tags are neo-wiccans who quote Silver Ravenwolf and dumb our highly complex gods into fluffy bunny archetypes and don’t run UPG alongside traditional mythos but instead shit in the face of literally everything these Gods stand for.
but i don’t make those assumptions about anyone. i follow a lot of eclectic pagans and enjoy what they post
because they are respectful
and you know something? none of them had to be told those posts weren’t directed at them.
me thinks anon doth protest too much..reblogged from pagansuncensored
teh illuminateh has infiltrated pagan tumblr? i stop posting for a day and I miSS neWZ oF THIS MAGNITUDE???!?!